Southern Tier Bicycle Club Inc (STBC) is a non-profit recreational bicycling club in Binghamton New York with over 400 members ranging in age from 13 to over 80 years old. Our club was founded in 1969, and it promotes and encourages safe, enjoyable bicycling activities by offering rides of varying distance, speed, and terrain most days of the week.
We offer on-road recreational rides, off-road mountain biking. We love to cycle and keep company together, and often stop along the way for a bite to eat!
STBC is open to anyone interested in cycling from a beginning cyclist up to an expert, and membership is required to participate in all club rides and events.
The club requires the use of an approved helmet and the observance of all traffic laws while participating in club rides. All riders must sign a release and waiver of liability form for bicycling before participating in club rides.
1. Follow applicable state and local guidelines and regulatios for mask-wearing.
2. Currently (June 6, 2021) in New York, masks are not required in some group situations but are required in others
3. Many of STBC's rides have stops (ice cream, restaurants, etc.) that require masks and we must follow the rules of each place that we visit. Private businesses may opt for stricter rules than governments guidelines or regulations. Please bring a mask for club events and rides when it might be needed.
4. These updated guidelines remain in effect as long as New York requires the wearing of a mask for group activities
5. It will be the responsibility of each rider (NOT the ride leader) to monitor and check their own behavious with respect to whatever state and local guidelines pertain to a particular time and situation.